My rating: 5 of 5 stars
I never wanted this book to end. I read this book at all hours of the day- any moment I could get. But I also read it in pieces because I just couldn’t bear the thought of it ending. I never knew that I could feel so many emotions over a book. I have never thought a single dad romance could or would be told this way. I have never read this author, but if this book is any indication to how her other books are, well sign me up, put a bow on me and make me her friend!
Flint- where do I even begin? He was a football player that had an injury and because of that injury he fell from grace. But that’s not even the important part- the important part is that he did something unforgivable and unforgettable. And it has completely and utterly rocked his world. He is left to raise his autistic son and live with more regret than I could even pretend to comprehend.
Elle is a music therapist. I love that- I love music and I love that it helps heal the soul. And she sure does heal EVERYONE’s soul. I imagine her to be a firecracker, but an undetectable one until she has just blown up in your face. She gets Flint’s son, heck she gets Flint too.
Their story is one that I will probably never forget. How Jewel made this story seem so much like ordinary life or that this was something that both of them could ever overcome is beyond me. The writing is fantastic. The older I get, the more I think I appreciate a book that isn’t bogged down with a bunch of sex scenes and I am so glad this book didn’t have them. It wasn’t necessary and you still felt like they were each other’s whole world. The connection was almost too real!
And then she went and threw a kink in it and sucked me in even more. I cannot describe the feelings I had. As many times as Elle said in the book “I want this life” I started saying I want this life for you! You were rooting for them, their family and their loved ones. I could go on and on and even more on about this book, but I won’t and I will end with this- this book deserves more than 5 stars. It is the highlight of my March reads and I have been recommending it to everyone who will listen. I loved it.
- Pre Order: Cock Tales by all your favorite authors - May 16, 2018
- Cover Reveal: Chasing Him by Kennedy Fox - May 16, 2018
- Cover Reveal: Reckoning by Jessica Ruben (Vincent & Eve Book 2) - May 16, 2018
- Review: Vicious by L.J. Shen - May 13, 2018
- Blog Tour: Excerpt + ARC Review Straight up Love by Lexi Ryan - May 10, 2018
- Cover Reveal: Lies I’ve Told by J.L. Berg - May 10, 2018
- Available Now: Arrogant Devil by R.S. Grey - May 10, 2018
- Blog Tour+ Excerpt+ ARC Review: Defile by Jessica Prince - May 9, 2018
- Now Available: Pieces of Eight by Whitney Barbetti + Giveaway - May 9, 2018
- Blog Tour + Excerpt + ARC Review: Rising by Jessica Ruben - May 8, 2018