Title: Beneath This Ink
Author: Meghan March
Genre: Contemporary Romance
I’ve always known she was too good for me, but that never stopped me from wanting her.
And then I finally had her for one night.
A night I don’t remember.
I figured I’d blown my shot.
But now she’s walked back into my life, and this time, I have the upper hand. I want my second chance.
Will she be able to see the man beneath this ink?
I have finished reading four of her books at the time I am writing the review for this book, and this one so far is my favorite. I love Con and Van’s story. I love the idea of opposite’s attracting and I love getting to read about how wrong they are for each other, but in the end just how right they are.
Vanessa is a society girl- and boy do we have our fair share of those in LA (Debutante ball anyone?). Her family is old money and in South LA that means pretty much everything. She is trying to prove herself to take over the family’s foundation and she will jump through any hoop to get there.
Con is your typical bad boy that was adopted by a rich, but nice loving family in New Orleans. He has always had a chip on his shoulder but deep down is just a big ole’ teddy bear. Because this man loves, and he has loved for a long time and he has loved hard. He might not be able to remember the last time him and Van were together, but that doesn’t mean that he won’t try to make it happen again. This time though, it won’t be something he will let go of or forget.
I love how Meghan March has somehow weaved through South LA politics and family drama- and captures it perfectly. There is always corruption lurking around, and boy does one of their family’s have some drama. I give this book a 4 star roasting because out of all the couples that I read about this year, I felt like they were the ones I was rooting for the most. They defied odds and followed their hearts. It didn’t matter what appearances looked like, it only matters how they felt for each other. If there was a vote of who was the most hopeless romantic, I am pretty sure that I would win, but I would say Con would give me a run for my money too.
- Pre Order: Cock Tales by all your favorite authors - May 16, 2018
- Cover Reveal: Chasing Him by Kennedy Fox - May 16, 2018
- Cover Reveal: Reckoning by Jessica Ruben (Vincent & Eve Book 2) - May 16, 2018
- Review: Vicious by L.J. Shen - May 13, 2018
- Blog Tour: Excerpt + ARC Review Straight up Love by Lexi Ryan - May 10, 2018
- Cover Reveal: Lies I’ve Told by J.L. Berg - May 10, 2018
- Available Now: Arrogant Devil by R.S. Grey - May 10, 2018
- Blog Tour+ Excerpt+ ARC Review: Defile by Jessica Prince - May 9, 2018
- Now Available: Pieces of Eight by Whitney Barbetti + Giveaway - May 9, 2018
- Blog Tour + Excerpt + ARC Review: Rising by Jessica Ruben - May 8, 2018