Author: Tracy Ewens
Genre: Contemporary Romance
Just like any good adult beverage, this book got better and better the longer I read it. It started off slow with lots of descriptive readings, and eventually came to where I couldn’t stop turning the page to see what was going to happen.
Patrick and Aspen have known in each other since high school, but they didn’t necessarily run in the same circle. Aspen was determined to work hard and give herself the finer things in life, where it seems as if Patrick already had everything in the palm of his hand. He was smart, a smooth talker, and a hard worker. Now both working together in the brewery that is owned and operate by Patrick and his family, it is hard to deny the chemistry and tension every time “Trick” and Aspen are around each other. After a fateful airplane ride, things will never be the same between them.
This was the first book that I have read by Tracey Ewens and I thoroughly enjoyed it. It had all of my favorite combinations in a book- a HEA ending, old love, slow burn, and friends to lovers. There were tons of narrative description that truly gave you a background history, tied in characters from other books, and made you feel like you were a part of the family. It did start off sort of slow for me since it seemed like I needed to catch up with some of the background, but I found myself staying up into the early morning because I just couldn’t put it down.
I am giving this book 4 stars because I laughed at the characters, I even cried at the end (which I haven’t done in quite awhile) and because I really enjoyed this book. I enjoyed the way the story was formatted, it was easy to follow and didn’t seem too outrageous. At the end of the day, it was about love and not about sex and that was refreshing to read. I would definitely recommend this read if you love a slow burn!
- Pre Order: Cock Tales by all your favorite authors - May 16, 2018
- Cover Reveal: Chasing Him by Kennedy Fox - May 16, 2018
- Cover Reveal: Reckoning by Jessica Ruben (Vincent & Eve Book 2) - May 16, 2018
- Review: Vicious by L.J. Shen - May 13, 2018
- Blog Tour: Excerpt + ARC Review Straight up Love by Lexi Ryan - May 10, 2018
- Cover Reveal: Lies I’ve Told by J.L. Berg - May 10, 2018
- Available Now: Arrogant Devil by R.S. Grey - May 10, 2018
- Blog Tour+ Excerpt+ ARC Review: Defile by Jessica Prince - May 9, 2018
- Now Available: Pieces of Eight by Whitney Barbetti + Giveaway - May 9, 2018
- Blog Tour + Excerpt + ARC Review: Rising by Jessica Ruben - May 8, 2018